I adore Giada so when I I found this pasta at Target the other day I was pretty excited! I’m kind of a sucker for fun looking pasta. Which I know is strange because it all tastes the same….I don’t get it either. I needed something quick for dinner tonight a) because I was starving and b) I have a volleyball game and wanted something more than a frozen veggie burger. So I raided my fridge and threw some things in a bowl with the pasta and vinaigrette. This vinaigrette is so flavorful and light. Bursting with lemon and basil!! I’m starting to realize I don’t like raw garbanzo beans….maybe some peas would have been better. The dish was still very good and I’ll definitely be using the vinaigrette again. Hope you enjoy this light summer pasta dish!
Fusili Con Buco with Lemon-Basil Vinaigrette
- 1/2-pkg Fusili Con Buco (or any pasta – I only used enough for two servings)
- 1 small tomato, sliced into chunks
- 3-4 mushrooms,sliced
- 1/4 cup garbanzo beans
- 2 tbsp feta cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
1. Boil pasta according to package directions.
2. Slice up tomatoes and mushrooms. Place in a bowl along with garbanzo beans.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, Dijon mustard, garlic, and basil leaves. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients, dressing, and feta cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.