Happy New Year!!
Sorry I am a little late in getting back to posting. As much as I love the holidays, there is something to be said about going back to a “normal hectic” lifestyle. Now if I could only reset my sleep schedule everything would be good.
After being gone for almost 2 weeks, I came home to a college style fridge filled with lots of pickles, olives, condiments and some expired containers we will leave unmentioned. I still have yet to go to the grocery store so breakfast forced me to rediscover the treasures in my freezer. I knew I wanted something light and refreshing after the heavy weekends.
While on the plane coming home, I was reading a magazine that featured some different smoothie recipes and have been craving one since. Luckily, I had a few clementines that made a perfect liquid replacement and found some frozen berries that were stashed way in the back (behind all the important stuff: chocolate chips, toffee bits, dark chocolate). This smoothie was satisfying without all the calories – exactly what I was hoping for.
Berry Orange Smoothie
- 3 clementines, peeled and divided
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- or 1 cup frozen mixed berries
1. Combine all ingredients in blender and puree until smooth.
- Depending on how much juice your clementines create, you may need to add a little water. I had to add about 1/4 cup to mine.