I’m still trying to get my sugar levels back in check after coming off a 2 month binge of sweets and savory meals – which is totally worth every single bite, don’t get me wrong!! It’s going to be especially hard today/tonight/this weekend because it’s my (cough cough….30th) birthday!! I figured I would start off the day on the right foot, knowing very well that it will quickly lead me to something sinfully wonderful temptation later on.
One of my favorite fruits in oatmeal are apples. Usually I just chop up an apple, nuke it in the microwave and then add it to my oatmeal. But this morning called for something a little extra special and fun – a cupcake! Aren’t these the best guilt-free cupcakes ever! Just love them!!
Baked Apple ‘Cupcakes’
- 1 apple, cored
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1/2 cup water
- dash of cinnamon
- toppings: granola, peanut butter, maple syrup, blueberries, banana (options are endless)
1. Preheat oven to 375. Core apple about half way down. Place apple in an 8×8 glass baking dish and cover with foil. Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until apple is starting to get soft but not mushy.
2. Once apple is done baking, combine oats and water. Place in microwave for 1 min 30 seconds. Once cooked, add in cinnamon to taste.
3. Cut apple in half horizontally and core the bottom portion until core is completely removed. Place half of the oatmeal on top of half of the apple. Repeat with other half of each.
4. Add any toppings you desire and enjoy!