Growing up, no bake cookies were probably one of my favorites. I loved the combination of chocolate and peanut butter but the cookie was almost fudge-like. I had always heard they were tricky to make because if you don’t make them just right the cookie won’t set up. So all this time I’ve been putting off making them in hopes that somebody would somehow read my mind and make them for me.
Isn’t that just the silliest, most backwards way of thinking. Especially coming from someone who enjoys baking and even more enjoys a challenge of getting it right. Well….as you can tell. The wait has ended and I am happy to say that these are indeed the easiest things to make. Maybe I got lucky the first time, who knows, but they were pretty darn simple.
I combined a few different recipes that I found online and decided to make them “grown-up” and add Nutella rather than peanut butter. Yup….just as good as I remember. Perhaps even slightly better because everything is that much better with Nutella. Am I right, or am I right?!? :) Celebrate National Nutella Day on Feb 5th with this quick and easy treat!
Nutella No Bake Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 3 cups quick cooking oats
1. In a medium saucepan (3-4 qt) combine butter, sugar, milk, and cocoa powder over medium heat.
2. Bring to a rolling boil and let boil for 1 minute.
3. Remove from heat.
4. Stir in Nutella and vanilla until smooth. Add oats and stir until combined.
5. Drop by heaping tablespoons onto wax paper lined baking sheets. (To make heart shapes, drop cookies inside cookie cutter and use a small spatula to fill in space. Slowly lift up cookie cutter.)
- Simply sub peanut butter for Nutella for regular no bake cookies.