Happy Mother’s Day to all you hard-working, constantly giving, forever loving and caring mother’s out there! Unfortunately this year I wasn’t able to spend the day with my mom, but as she said, we can celebrate any time, the day itself doesn’t matter. Oh so very true! Since we stayed in Charlotte this weekend, we decided to get a few things checked off the to-do list. It was a warm one on Sunday and nothing sounded better than a bowl of sweet sorbet.
We loved this one so much I decided to try out a different flavor. Yup….just as good! I love strawberry desserts. I feel like I say I ‘love’ a lot things, but I promise it is true. I would tell you guys if I didn’t. The sweetness of this seed studded fruit is just what I need to cool off from a warm day or after a weeknight meal. It’s one of those satisfying, guilt-free desserts that I never get tired of. Although strawberry and mint would have been my first thought to pair together, I knew I wanted a different flavor profile. Strawberry and basil was delish!! It was refreshing, cooling, and sweet enough to tame those cravings. Perfecto!
Strawberry Basil Sorbet
- 2 cups frozen strawberries, thawed for 15 minutes
- 1/4 fresh basil, loose packed
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp agave nectar
1. Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and puree (add more lemon juice or water if needed).
2. Transfer to shallow glass or baking dish and place in freezer. Freeze for 45-55 minutes, stirring puree every 15 minutes or until ready to serve.