Moving to a new city can always be a bit daunting. New job, new friends, new house, new neighbors…..and let’s be honest….the new neighbors thing can play a huge part in liking said new house. We have been very lucky to have met some fantastic neighbors and they are just the sweetest people. Added bonus – they LOVE food!! I mean, could this be any better. Now, the hubs tells me they have quite the extensive cookbook collection and I’m secretly (or maybe not so secretly now) dying to check it out. Last weekend we did some major spring cleaning and our wonderful neighbors were kind enough to let us borrow their power washer. So from one foodie to another, I decided to say “Thanks” with some baked goodies.
Brent and I both thought these turned out quite tasty and based off the reviews we got next door and from his co-workers, they all agree. The added buttercream gives the brownie bites an extra bit of sweet and salty that plays off the toffee beautifully. I always think toffee bits get lost in the sea of chocolate batter, so I added a few on top and even a few in between. I love me some toffee! Happy Thursday folks!
Toffee Brownie Bites with Salted Caramel Buttercream
Toffee Brownie Bite Ingredients
- 10 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 toffee bits
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a mini cupcake pan with non-stick spray.
2. In a mixer combine the butter, sugar, cocoa powder and salt until combined, about 2 minutes. Add the vanilla extract and eggs. Beat until combined. With mixer on low, add the flour just until combined. Stir in toffee bits and chocolate chips.
3. Using a medium cookie scoop (about 1 1/2 tbsp), place 1 scoop of batter into mini cupcake pan and bake for 12-15 minutes. Allow to cool in pan for about 5-7 minutes. Run a knife along the edge to lift out brownie bite and let cool completely on a cooling rack.
Salted Caramel Buttercream
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup caramel
- 1/8-1/4 tsp salt
1. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and vanilla on high speed until pale and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes. Turn mixer to low/medium and slowly add 1/2 cup powdered sugar at a time. Beat until combined. Add in caramel sauce and salt. Beat until desired consistency is achieved.
2. After brownie bites have completely cooled, cut in half with a serrated knife. To achieve a clean cut, you may need to clean the knife off every so often.
3. Place about 1 tsp of buttercream on the bottom half of brownie. Lightly press down top half of brownie bite to slightly flatten buttercream. Garnish top with more buttercream and toffee bits.