There are so many things to love about the fall season, but one that I enjoy time and time again is the smell of pumpkin anything. I’m not picky which form it comes in. Whether it be a candle, cookies, or this delicious bread. The spices fill the house with warmth, comfort, and it’s just so inviting. Who doesn’t like walking into a house with freshly baked bread??
Not only is this bread a must-bake but it’s pretty darn quick to throw together. I’ve said it before, but I’ll say it again, quick, easy, and delicious is always OK in my book. In about 20 minutes I was putting both pans in the oven and had the next hour to get some stuff done. So let’s recap this again….quick, easy, delicious, and oh, you don’t have to stand around the oven and check on it after 15 minutes, which just happens to usually be the time I am done cleaning up the kitchen and want to sit down for a bit. Nope this time I was able to clean up, start some laundry, take the dog out, and sit down for a bit. Love it!
The bread alone is great! But you know what makes a great bread even better…..smothering it in a light and creamy Nutella mixture of course. It’s kind of like a pumpkin roll on steroids because you get to control the ratio of pumpkin to filling. Genius right??!?
Pumpkin Bread with Nutella Mascarpone
Makes 2 loaves
Recipe adapted from My Baking Addiction via allrecipes.com
Pumpkin Bread Ingredients
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare two 9.25 x 5.25 x 2.75 loaf pans. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, slowly beat together pumpkin, eggs, oil, water, vanilla, and sugar until well blended.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Slowly stir dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture just until combined. Divide batter evenly into prepared pans.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of loaf comes out clean. Rotate pans halfway to ensure even cooking. Loaf baking times may vary depending on how equally batter is divided.
Nutella Mascarpone Ingredients
- 1 (8 oz) container of mascarpone, softened
- 3 tbsp Nutella
- Combine mascarpone and nutella in a bowl. Stir until combined. Enjoy!
- Once cooled completely, wrap loaf in plastic wrap and then again in foil to ensure freshness.
- When I removed the bread from the pans, I thought the outer edge was a bit overcooked. Trust me when I say, like most breads, it will soften up once wrapped stored and it’s even better the next day, and the next day, and the next.