These cookies first started out as blondies, or so I thought. Sometimes I don’t read a recipe all the way through or I skim over the directions. Well, I missed an important word called “melted” and I beat together my room temperature butter and brown sugar. For some reason, I read over that line again and then noticed that small key word. oops!! Needless to say, I got out another stick of butter and started over with the blondies.
But there was no way I was going to let that beautiful sugary pile of goodness go to waste. And Brown Sugar Oatmeal cookies were created! These cookies are soft and chewy, tart and sweet, and oh so yummy! I made them for my sister’s work party and she brought back an empty tin! Winner, Winner!!! Plus the white and red just scream holidays!!
Hope everyone is enjoying this holiday week!! Happy Thanksgiving to you all!!
Brown Sugar Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup room temperature butter
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and oats. Set aside.
3. Beat together butter and brown sugar for about 2-3 minutes. Add egg and vanilla and beat until combined. Reduce speed to low, slowly add dry ingredients just until combined. Fold in white chocolate chips and cranberries.
4. Drop by tablespoonful onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 11-14 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool on cookie sheet for 2-3 minutes. Transfer to cooling rack until completely cooled.