Remember a week or so ago when I posted this delicious, yet oh so simple drink?? Well…..
Chocolate cupcakes meet Hummer buttercream frosting! These cupcakes are full of chocolate flavor, light, fluffy and (you know I hate this word but they really are) moist. The frosting is pretty amazing! I think I got just the right amount of flavor to come through without it overpowering the cupcake. All the flavors work so well together. Although I’m not the biggest chocolate cake/cupcake fan, when I find a good one, it’s definitely a keeper and this cupcake recipe is hands down a keeper. Thanks for stopping by!!
Chocolate Hummer Cupcakes
Recipe adapted from My Baking Addiction
For the cupcakes:
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup buttermilk, shaken
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup freshly brewed hot coffee
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a standard muffin tin with paper liners, set aside.
2. Sift flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into the large bowl of an electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment and mix on low-speed until combined.
3. In a separate bowl, combine buttermilk, oil, eggs, and vanilla. With the mixer on low-speed, slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry. With mixer on low-speed, slowly add the coffee and stir until combined, stir the bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula a few times.
4. Using a large scoop, distribute batter evenly between 24 muffin wells, filling each well 2/3 full. Bake for 18 to 22 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes, then remove to a cooling rack and cool completely.
For the Buttercream:
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 lbs confectioner’s sugar, sifted
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tbsp Vanilla Vodka
- 1/2 tbsp Kahlua
- 1/2 tbsp Bailey’s
- 1-2 tbsp milk
1. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter with an electric mixer until fluffy. Slowly add in confectioner’s sugar, and continue mixing until well blended.
2. Add pinch of salt, vanilla, Vanilla Vodka, Kahlua, and Bailey’s. Blend on low-medium speed until moistened. Add 1 tbsp of milk and beat until thoroughly combined. If frosting is too thick, gradually add in milk until desired consistency is reached. Pipe frosting onto cooled cupcakes.