I’ve had so much fun trying new recipes that include watermelon. Last summer I made this salad that completely shocked me at how good it was. Lately, I’ve been enjoying many of these, not nearly enough of this, and most recently this mojito.
I’m a fan of regular mojito’s but this version was divine! Maybe it was the fact that it was ridiculously hot outside and anything cold would have been refreshing, but it was G.O.O.D!! The drink is smooth (minus the mint leaves) and a little bit boozy. It’s the type of drink that could get you in trouble, say if you were sipping it poolside or while mindlessly floating on the lake. Lovin’ these warm, summer days! Need a new cocktail to serve this weekend, cool down with this one.
Have a great weekend!!
Strawberry Watermelon Mojito
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 15-20 fresh mint leaves (amount depends on the size of leaves)
- 4 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3 cups watermelon, 1 inch cubes
- 1 cup strawberries, halved or quartered
- 6 oz light rum
1. In a large pitcher, combine sugar, mint leaves, and lime juice. Muddle the mint leaves with the end of a wooden spatula.
2. Fill the blender with watermelon and then add strawberries. Blend until smooth and combined.
3. Pour watermelon mixture into the pitcher. Add rum and stir well until combined. Serve in chilled glasses and enjoy!