These cookies are AMAZING!!! They are chocolaty, peanut buttery, soft with a slightly crisp edge, and all around delightful! I was a little worried about the stuffed Reese’s Cup because I’ve had bad luck before with stuffing cookies but no problems at all this time. Make sure to let the dough balls freeze for 15-20 minutes before baking to insure they don’t flatten out and become a runny mess. I may or may not have eaten 3 of them within a matter of like 20 minutes. So.Good!
Recipe from My Baking Addiction
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 3 3/4 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups bittersweet chocolate chips (I used Ghiradelli 60% Cacao Chocolate Chips)
- 30 Reese’s Miniature Peanut Butter Cups, frozen for atleast 2 hours
1. In a large bowl, beat butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla on medium speed until light and fluffy, approx. 2-3 minutes. Mix in flour, baking soda and salt. Stir in chocolate chips.
2. Measure dough using a medium cookie scoop (about 2 tbsp). Roll dough into a ball and then flatten in the palm of your hand.
3. Place a frozen Reese’s Cup in the center of flattened dough and then roll back into a ball.
4. Place dough balls in freezer for about 15-20 minutes. After first batch is in the freezer, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
5. Place frozen dough balls on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, about 3 inches apart. I got 6 dough balls on each sheet.
6. Bake 15-18 minutes or until edges start to turn golden brown, centers of the cookie will be soft. Cool on pan for atleast 3-5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.